Shrimp Tacos

Shrimp Tacos 

Shrimp Tacos

I have been craving shrimp tacos for a couple weeks now, and these tacos did not disappoint!  They were absolutely delicious!  Seasoned shrimp sauteed in butter with rice, beans, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and cilantro lime crema is a perfect combination!  I really don't have anything else to say other than you need to try these!  I was so surprised by how good they tasted!  Tips and recipe below!

Shrimp:  I buy my shrimp frozen at Costco.  They are cheaper per pound, and I just keep them in my freezer.  An hour before I need them, I pour a handful or two into a bowl full of cold water and stick them in the fridge.  Then I rinse them a couple times in cold water and place them on a plate covered in paper towels.  Using a different paper towel, I pat them dry and then season them!

Shrimp cook really fast!  When I cook them on the stove, I watch them carefully.  On the first side, I watch as the bottom changes from gray to pink.  Once they are pink halfway up the shrimp, that is when I flip them.  This usually only takes a minute or two.  Then I cook them the same amount of time on the other side.  Then you are done!  Fast!

Sauce: I really like the cilantro-lime crema from Costco.  It is quick, easy, and tastes really good.  You could make a sauce from scratch, but if you want something that tastes good and is already done for you, I would recommend the cilantro-lime crema from Costco!


These tacos are so customizable!  Add more toppings or take some off!  Your choice!  My combination below.  Enjoy!


Ingredients: 

Corn Tortillas
1 Avacado - diced
1 can of black beans - rinsed
1 cup of brown rice 
1 head of red leaf lettuce
1 green tomato - diced (or any tomato you have: grape, cherry, Roma, heirloom, etc...)
2 limes
1 lb of shrimp (about 3-4 shrimp per taco) 
1-2 Tbs. butter
Cilantro Lime Crema from Costco (or any other cilantro lime dressing/crema)

Shrimp Seasoning (**Same seasoning used in Mango Salsa Salmon)
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cracked pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. cayenne - this is what makes it spicy, add less if you like

Directions:

Shrimp
  1. Combine spices for shrimp seasoning in a small bowl.  
  2. Dethaw your shrimp and pat dry with paper towel.  Sprinkle some of the spice mix over shrimp until covered.  **You might not use all the seasoning!  Put extras in a ziplock bag and save for later recipes.
  3. Heat a pan over medium heat.  Once fully preheated, add 2 Tbs. butter.  
  4. For first batch of shrimp, add shrimp in pan one at a time.  Careful to not overcrowd the pan.  (I could get about 10 in my pan at a time.) 
  5. Cook shrimp on first side for about 1-2 minutes (or until shrimp is pink halfway up the shrimp.)  Flip, and cook other side for same amount of time. (Careful not to overcook!)
  6. Take shrimp out of pan and cover with tinfoil.  Add more shrimp for second batch and cook like first batch.
The shrimp are ready to go on the tacos!

Lime Rice: I usually use this recipe for lime rice: Recipe.  Or you can just use plain cooked brown rice and add it to the tacos.

Beans:
  1. Rinse one can of black beans and place in medium pan.  
  2. Juice half a lime and stir in with the beans.  
  3. Heat the beans through on medium heat, about 5 minutes. 
  4. Serve on tacos!


Tortillas:  
  1. Heat tortillas over low heat until heated through! 
  2. Cover until time to serve 


Toppings:
  1. Shred lettuce.  
  2. Dice avocado and tomatoes.


Assembly:
  1. On warmed tortilla, add spoonful of rice and beans.  
  2. Add lettuce, avacado, tomatoes, and 3-4 shrimp. 
  3. Top with lime crema and lime juice.  
  4. Enjoy! 





Comments

Popular Posts