Crêpes

Crêpes


I absolutely love crepes.  I love them for breakfast, dinner, or dessert!  I have the best memories of my mom cooking crepes for me when I was little.  My sister and I would sit up at the kitchen counter, and my mom would serve us a hot crepe right out of the pan.  By the time we finished a crepe, the next one was just coming out of the pan ready for us to eat.  We sure loved them hot!

Now I make crepes when I am craving them or just need an easy dinner.  They are not hard to throw together, and if you use two pans, they do not take too long to cook.  My favorite recipe and topping combinations are below... enjoy!

Morgan's Favorite Combinations: 

1. Nutella, whipped cream, & strawberries (as pictured)
2. White sugar and lemon juice
3. Chicken Broccoli Crepes: Recipe Here


Crêpes

Crêpes

Yield: 8-10 Medium Crêpes
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 25 Min

Ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 3 Tbs. melted butter
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 c. flour

Instructions

  1. In a medium bowl, add eggs, milk, water, and salt. Whisk well. Add melted butter in slowly and whisk together. (If the butter is still hot, make sure to add slowly and whisk so the eggs do not scramble.) Add flour and whisk well. If desired, put batter through a strainer to remove lumps.
  2. Over medium heat, heat a medium to large non-stick frying pan. Add 1/3 cup batter to pan and immediately swirl batter around pan until the whole bottom is covered. (Depending on how big your pan is, each crepe may need between 1/4-1/3ish cup of batter. Just experiment with the first few, and you will be able to tell. You want the crepe thin, but the bottom of the pan should be completely covered too; no holes in the batter. The first one I cook I always eat anyway... yum!)
  3. Once the circumference/edges of the crepe starts to pull away from the pan, flip the crepe and cook for another 2 minutes until crepe is golden and done.
  4. Cook crepes until all batter is gone. Makes around 8-10 medium-sized crepes.
  5. Top with your favorite fresh fruit, whipped cream, and chocolate topping!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @lemonandbutterlove on instagram and hashtag it #lemonandbutterlove



Comments

Popular Posts