Morgan's Peanut Butter Balls



Morgan's Peanut Butter Balls

Breakfast has never been my favorite meal of the day.  Don't get me wrong... I love the foods, just not first thing in the morning.  I often find myself making breakfast for dinner instead.  So let's just say that it can be a bit of a challenge for me to eat breakfast happily.  This all changed when I started making my Peanut Butter Balls.  Every morning for the past year, I have popped a frozen Peanut Butter Ball in my mouth before running out the door in the morning.  Because of the oats, seed, and nut butter, these energy balls keep me full.  Plus, all the chocolate makes them taste great!

If you are a breakfast fan, these Peanut Butter Balls also are a great snack.  They are on the healthier side and give you a boost of energy.  My husband often eats one right before his long runs to give him added energy without running on a full stomach.  We also take them skiing as they are best cold.  At home, I store mine in the freezer.  Because the Rice Crispy Cereal lightens them up, and I do not pack them too densely, they are perfect texture right out of the freezer.

One batch makes between 40 and 50 balls, depending on how big you make them.  I use a cookie scoop to keep them all the same size.  The Peanut Butter Balls are great because you can adjust them however you want.  You could add dried fruit, almond butter, nuts, seeds, or any other of your favorite mix-ins.  The combination below is my favorite, but if you try other combinations, let me know!

Recipe below! Enjoy!


Morgan's Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients:

1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup steel-cut oats
1 cup ground flax seed (make sure it is ground)
2 cups Rice Crispy Cereal
1 cup peanut butter (or any kind of nut butter you prefer)
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup mini M&Ms
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Combine old fashioned oats, steel-cut oats, ground flax seed, and Rice Crispy Cereal in a large bowl.  Mix.  
  2. Add peanut butter and honey.  Mix.  
  3. Add chocolate and M&Ms.  Mix.  
  4. Use a cookie scoop to create balls, careful not to pack too densely.  
  5. Store in freezer and enjoy frozen!



Comments

Popular Posts