Summer Grilled Lemon Shrimp Skewers


Summer Grilled Lemon Shrimp Skewers

When I go to restaurants, grilled shrimp always calls my name.  However, it is usually over priced, and you only get a few shrimp.  So I decided it was time to bring out the grill and make it myself.

At the store, I picked up around 20 raw shrimp.  After I soaked a few skewers in water for about 10 minutes, I gently slid four shrimp on each skewer.  A brush of olive oil, a splash of lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and they were ready to hit the grill.  I cooked the shrimp skewers at 350-400 degrees for 3 minutes on each side.  I also grilled lemon wedges to squeeze on top - delicious!  The shrimp were juicy and had a yummy grilled flavor!

I paired them with steamed broccoli and a new favorite, lemon quinoa.  Quinoa is a grain that has a similar function as rice but in my opinion tastes even better.  The cooking process is also similar to rice: one part rinsed quinoa to two parts water.  Put the quinoa and water in a pot, bring it to a boil, turn it to low, and let it finish cooking for 20 minutes.  Once cooked, fluff the quinoa, add lemon juice with salt and pepper.  Done!  Easy!   Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts