Summer Berry Salad: Happy 4th of July!

Summer Berry Salad:

With it being so hot outside, I am always in the mood for a cool and refreshing treat.  Whether that be a scoop of ice cream, a cold glass of water, or a ball of frozen cookie dough, it just hits the spot.  In addition to wanting a cool treat, I have been staying cool by eating salads for lunch.  Crisp butter lettuce paired with mixed greens makes a delicious base.  A quick trip to Costco also results in the addition of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries to my salads.  Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds, Swiss cheese, and focaccia croutons, and the salad does not need much more.  My favorite salad dressing has been Maple Grove Farms of Vermont's Citrus Vinaigrette or just squeezing lemon juice over the top.  Super easy, refreshing, and keeps me full.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts