Pizza - Margherita

Hello!  I love food.  The end.  But really, any one of my close family members and friends would tell you that I am a foodie who knows and enjoys food.

Pizza - Margherita 

I received a text from my dad with a link to the best pizza restaurants in each of the 50 states.  When I learned Utah's pick was only five minutes from my apartment, I decided it was worth a try.  Nicolitalia is located in Provo, Utah and is known for their "Boston Italian" style pizza.  I am always looking for a good, authentic Italian pizza and was not disappointed with their Margherita.  The crust was thin, crispy and topped with a sauce of fresh tomatoes that was not too sweet.  The environment was upbeat with the workers speaking Italian in the background.  It made for an enjoyable date night.  

Nicolitalia's Margherita Pizza



While shopping at the grocery soon after my Nicolitalia experience, I saw fresh mozzarella cheese and decided it was time to recreate their Margherita.  Homemade crust, organic tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil, drizzled lightly with olive oil and then cooked in a 450 degree (Fahrenheit) oven turned out delicious.  If you have never made pizza with fresh mozzarella, I would change that quickly!  It was not hard to handle and elevated the taste of the pizza by 200%.  Overall, I think the homemade pizza was better than Nicolitalia's, super easy, and cost about the same amount.  Highly recommend! 





Comments

  1. Wow looks delicious! Can't wait to follow you on your food adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts